Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Budget Busters

I received this tag several days ago and thanks to the lovely flu bug we have been on our hiney's since.  Both of these frugal blogs tagged me and asked my top budget busters.  I have so many so I had to narrow them down to the following:

 

1. scrap booking stuff - Some of these products are very costly and can put a damper on any gals budget.  A good friend Kathy Thompson taught me early on to use creative fonts and placement to make nice layouts without breaking the bank.

2. photographs - If you have kids you have been sucked in.  Luckily my above mentioned friend is a talented photographer and captured my kids many times.  Without her I would have had to head to the nearest Wally World or an expensive photographer.  Although a couple of professional shoots are in order try filling in by learning to take some creative shots yourself.  With all the new technology out there you can simply hang a white or black sheet and play with lighting and props.  Check out some sites to get some examples of neat shots.

3. convenience food - make them yourself even when you don't feel like it...for me lately it has been tempting to resort to that but I held out and made oatmeal cookies and granola bars to tie us over

4. cleaning supplies - make your own using natural ingredients such as baking soda and vinegar.  This is not only kind on your pocket book but your kiddies as well.

5. movies and amusement parks. - create your own family fun such as this activity or a simple picnic in the park.  The memories created by these outings will last much longer than the thrill of that roller coaster.

so check out these two great blogs and find out some more neat frugal ideas.

 

Glimpse of Sunshine

 

Frugal Vegcafe

3 comments:

TRACEY said...

I love your site! I have a link to yours on mine.

http://gracecomesbyhearing.blogspot.com/

God Bless!

Sonshine said...

Thanks for playing and for the link!

Convenience foods is a weakness of mine too!

MyKidsMom said...

I really would like to get into scrapbooking, I just don't think I have the creative talent for it. I'll have to check out your friend's link.

I wonder if they have a scrapbooking for Dummies book...LoL. They DO have sewing for Dummies patterns at Joanne fabrics, so you never know!